Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Tailgating

As any true Bears fan knows, part of the fun of the game is the Pre-Game Tailgate party.   We are fortunate to have a parking pass for the Waldron deck and are able to have a tailgate party for our friends and family before the games.   Well anyway, before the games where the weather cooperates at least a little bit.   The opening day game was just such an occasion and it found us picking people up at 7:00 AM in order to get down to the field and fire up the grill.   We decided to go with a simple menu for this start of the season.   Sort of a limited playbook to start things off if you will.   We had the classic marinated skirt steaks with grilled onions, a wild boar roast with a cajan char crust, korean seasoned roast, and italian sausages.  We also baked some potatoes au gratin for a side dish as well.

Now I know a few people may say something like "This does not seem like a simple tailgate menu to me".  I know people may say that because several people have already said it to me.   But you need to stay tuned as we continue through the season.   The tailgates will get more elaborate and epic as our Epic Season continues.






I have been asked a few times about the grill we use.   It is from a company called Go Galley and it is the ultimate in tailgate grilling equipment.   I am not in any way affiliated with this company, but I am including a link here for those that are interested because I am just that impressed with this grill and how it is taking our tailgating up to the next level.
Go Galley

No comments:

Post a Comment