Thursday, September 24, 2015

Driving to Montana - Game day minus 4

Today's entry will be a quick one.  Mostly we drove today.  Over 750 miles of driving.  Tired!!

It is time to think a bit about the upcoming game however.    This puts me in somewhat of an uncomfortable position.  I know deep in my heart and soul that the Bears are going to get beaten - badly.   There is no hopeful, irrational, optimistic part of me that can come up with any way they don't lose.  We have a backup quarterback who does not seem to be able to throw past the line of scrimmage, an injured #1 wideout and even with everyone healthy they were only barely competitive.  But I also can't go into another team's stadium and meekly submit to heckling like a sheep being let to the slaughter.  I am going to have to yell and scream.  The Coach is going to sing at the top of her lungs if we manage to score and we will be in full Bears regalia.  Somehow in the next few days I am going to need to reconcile these two sides of my personality. 

Being an away game we can't even hope for the other team's bus to break down and have them not show.

Oh well.  Football is a sport that always includes some pain.  Why should being a fan be any easier than being a player.

On to Seattle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment